Nursemaids Elbow = Trip to the Pediatrician

Well this will make round 2 for Jacob getting himself a nursemaid's elbow (AKA radius out of the socket). We had this situation when he was 2 1/2 years old when he was trying to run into some mud and I grabbed his arm to pull him back...talk about mama-guilt! I felt horrible and thought for sure I'd be investigated by CPS but the doctor brushed it off as it's very common and was easily fixed with them bending his arm a certain way and back into the socket it went. The only thing is that it can happen again easily.

So, when school called me yesterday to tell me that Jacob had done something to his arm, I immediately knew what we were dealing with. He was doing some sort of trick in the floor and it happened...not listening during storytime! The doc popped it right back and he gave me a lesson on doing it myself, should it happen again but let's hope not. It's so funny how he was trying to convince me that his arm was all better so I asked him to touch his nose and he couldn't. As soon as they popped it in, he was 100% better. We also got him the flu mist and took care of that one too.

Today we go into his classroom and he jumps on the floor and proceeds to show me how it did it. That boy!!! Please tell me girls won't be this crazy to handle. :-)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So does it not hurt to pop it back into place? Eeew either way!

Unknown said...

I would say no but I'm not sure but I do know he didn't scream or anything. Oh, I forgot to add that it's really common and especially when parents swing their kids by holding their hands or wrists.