As if enough change isn't coming our way, I go off and get a new job! Am I nuts or what?! HA No, really this is a very exciting opportunity for me and our family so I'm feeling more than blessed at the moment. You see I've been working for the state for the last 7.5 years and although it hasn't been that glamourous, it's been steady and reliable. I saw an opportunity at Anthem as an community health education consultant and was encouraged to go for it. I went for it and got it! The offer is amazing and in just reading the benefits package, I'm blown away. I'm leaving my job for a 20% pay increase, $5k education allowance a year (I can get my masters, when I get some time LOL), on site gym, free parking, flexible working schedules, work at home policy...lots of perks. I needed some convincing though because this girl isn't that eager for change but I prayed for peace and for God to make it truely clear what the next step was, especially with a growing family. One week ago, something happened at my old job that made it clear as day what I needed to do. I had no worries from that moment forward. Thank you God for that clarity!
Also, a fabulous example of God providing for us: I was so worried about losing my paid maternity leave and us leaning on one income for 3 months and drying out our savings but I learned that my old job will have to buy my vacation time from me, which I had been banking. I have 240 hours and my web site jobs have lined up perfectly to bring in more than enough to cover us those months. Just when we were doubting, God provides that reassurance that we'll be taken care of and all will be well.

3 comments:
That is so great! Congrats.
Wow, girl. You are clearly in a very exciting time of life. I am proud of you for going for the new job and getting it, too! As for the confirmations the Lord provided for you along the way...aren't those the coolest things to witness?
Glad for you and the new job!
Don't worry girl, this change is gonna be great! It will take some adjusting, but you can do it. In the end, it will all be worth it. More money means more cute baby girl clothes, right?! Just kidding. Sort of...
xoxo
Post a Comment