You are 5 whole years old! OH. MY. GOSH. Where did time go, where did my baby, toddler, preschooler go? I know it's cliche but seriously...how did we get to age 5 so fast? It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital and I was bawling my eyes out at the thought of taking this fragile little life home to care for it. You paved the way for me to become a mother and you've stretched my heart beyond measure!
My dear sweet boy, you are more than energetic. You make us scratch our heads on a daily basis but we love your unique self. Thank you for bringing me the world of trains and engine sounds. I smile at the fact that you know so much about trains that you can name the type (Modern Heavy Freight Diesel, Steam Engine, Japanese Bullet Train) within seconds of seeing it. You even burned a hole in a DVD about railroad crossing safety that I got from a conference. Didn't I say you made us scratch our heads sometimes?

Thank you for being my first born. For bringing chuck taylors in our house, an insane amount of toys all over the floor, a playground in our backyard, worn out knees in your pants, rocks in my washer and dryer, putting soy milk in my fridge, and a special place in my rear-view mirror.
You are indeed loved by many women. Ava simply adores you and I know why. You are the sweetest big brother. You get antsy and concerned when she cries, you always rush to sweetly talk to her to sooth her and it always works. I just know you'll protect her when any boy gets close to her heart. I know you'll always let them know where you stand. Your Nene is infactuated with you and that's an understatement. We often fuss at her for giving into your every whim. She has no self control around you. She just adores everything about you. Speaking of women, I will be very critical of any girl you bring home in the future. If she breaks your heart I'll be there to give her my piece of mind.

Thank you, Jacob, for five of the most exciting, love-flooded years of my life. We have waited all our lives for you. You were worth every second of it.
Happy Birthday, Jacob.
I love you!

4 comments:
Aww, what a sweet post. Happy Birthday, Sweet Jacob. (a little guy that reminds me so much of mine own.)
That boy sure brings out the writer in you, too!
I love that first shot!
I loved this letter - made me get misty for you... and a little for me right along with you...this week I am writing the same sort of letter for Noah's 4th birthday. :)
I love the part about a place in your rear-view mirror and I loved the word love-flooded.
I just might steal those!
Happy, Happy Big Five, Jacob!
Oh beautiful mama. I am choked up over here...that letter to Jacob is simply perfect. I must go hug my little man...*sniffles and wiping tears away*
oxoxo
You all are too sweet. Kimberly, I edited this letter to death, worked on it for at least a week, and I think I heard or read "love-flooded" from somewhere and I thought it was perfect for this!
Post a Comment