Jacob actually went on a field trip today and got in so much trouble for not listening and running away from his group that he is suspended from the next field trip. That bad! They called me mid-day at work to tell me the dreaded news...what a way to keep me focused on my job. We know he has a serious listening problem. He gets consistent discipline but something isn't clicking in this child to think about his actions and consequences. I know boys will be boys and I can't tell you how many times people have told me that "he'll outgrow it, it's a boy thing" but something has to give.

2 comments:
Ugh, Shannon! Isn't there some Easy button we can get for raising boys? No? Ugh, then!
I typed a whole comment before this trying to be encouraging but it didn't come out right to me. So maybe it will just encourage you to know that I feel Ugh for you. I completely hear you and I remember all too well how my panic-meter went from 0 to 100 in one second flat when Noah got sent home from school one day awhile back for a behavior issue. It's just very unsettling for a momma to have to accept and know how to correct when something seems out of the ordinary and it goes against your baby.
Try sleeping on it. The situation probably won't be so upsetting in the morning.
I'm sorry!
Can I say "i hear ya!" My guy has the same "issues".
Right now this is painful and upsetting, but just think when he is an adult you will all laugh about it....
Post a Comment