Ava Growing

It's miraculous how a child can grow by the minute. Ava is 7 1/2 weeks old and weighs over 11 pounds, according to the home scale. She weighed 10lbs. 9oz. when I took her to the doctor at 6 weeks.

Ava, are you stealing cookies from the cookie jar?
Photobucket

We had to make a doctor visit for a face rash that I thought was baby acne at first. I called the nurse and they said the bumpy, red, oozing, yellow crusty rash was indeed baby acne. I decided the day after that it couldn't be just baby acne (thanks Google and mommy instinct). I took her in and the doctor said what I also kept denying...ECZEMA! Oh yesssss, here we go again! Jacob had it but not this early at all and it was never yellow crusty. With some creams we've got it under control but now I have to look into the cause of it. Jacob had many food allergies (dairy, egg, fish and wheat). I'm a bit nervous that she's allergic to some foods too. So we shall see.

Look at how great she can hold up her head.
Photobucket

She's also sleeping like a little pro and without me holding her at all. LOVE that new trick! HA! She's loving her swaddle. She currently eats around 10pm and wakes to eat around 3/4am and goes back down and eats again around 6/7am and goes back down and is up again around 9am. All this sleep makes me a much happier person:-)

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

That little head looks so perfectly round!

Fun updates!

You know you have my sympathies on the guessing game that is before you as to what is causing her skin reactions. ;( Been there, done that, gotten advice from you from your Jacob days with it. Remember how you sent me that list of safe foods and the stores to find them?