Myrtle Beach 2009

I warn you...this post is loaded with photos!

We are back from our long awaited beach vacation and it was delightful. We were mostly on the go entertaining Jacob so relaxing wasn't really on the agenda but it was so much fun. Jacob fell asleep on the way home last night and woke up this morning in our house and asked if he could go in the water. When I explained that we were home and not at the beach, he asked..."mama, why don't we live at the beach?" I had to giggle and wonder the same thing.

Now for the photos. There is not a single one of me. You wouldn't even know that I went on vacation with Robbie and Jacob. Robbie just isn't a photographer type person so he doesn't think to pick up the camera and then there is the whole explaining how to use the thing that turns him off. Well...he did pick it up once and took a horrible photo of me sitting on the sand and I looked like an out-of-focused beached whale so you won't be seeing that one:-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

We noticed that when the beach was in low tide that it created these awesome tide pools. It was sooooo great for kids to play in.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting a little artsy here:-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The resort had a fabulous kiddie pool section with a lazy river, shallow pools and lots of spinkler type features. Once he learned how to go under water, we couldn't keep him above it. This is the same kid that was screaming on the side of the pool early this summer at swim lessons because he was so afraid that he'd go under.

Photobucket

This is his pre-dive pose. So funny in action.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We hit up the Build-A-Bear Workshop while we were there and he made a dog for himself and a pink bear for his baby sister. We thought it would be so special for him to do that for her and give it to her when she's born. We we have about 12 more weeks to go to meet her!

Photobucket

Now back to real life that involves a lot of laundry and a new start to preschool.

1 comments:

Angela [YourEverydayMama] said...

Shannon, I love them all, I swear it's like I'm standing right there with Jacob, he really comes to life!