Jacob started swim lessons yesterday and in all honesty it ended with us both in tears. Literally, we were both crying on the way home. Jacob hated it! He went in the water with some trepidation but as the teacher moved onto letting the kids jump in the water for her to catch them, he freaked and didn't want any parts of it. He was just petrified of going under. By the way...all the other kids, some younger, were doing great and not whining a bit. I couldn't calm him down and it just overwhelmed me. I didn't let him know it and I guess the frustration just came out in tears. Last night in the bath tub he told me that he wanted to go back and that he wouldn't cry. He even said that he would jump in. He made lots of promises for today and GUESS WHAT? He kept them! He did much much better today and actually jumped into the water. His little face is just priceless when he's in the water. He's soooo scared but he's giving it a try now. He wanted to make me proud so bad and that he did! I was willing to write it all off, never go back again and accept that we just wasted a chunk of money but all is well now. Let's hope the rest of the week goes as well today did. Maybe I'll take the camera at the end of the week if things continue well:-)
Speaking of swimming...I felt the baby swimming in my tummy yesterday. I "thought" I felt it on Sat. but it was so quick that I couldn't know for sure. Yesterday I was sitting at my desk at work and felt the little taps for a little bit. My phone started ringing and I so didn't want to answer it. I stretched my arms to reach it in fear that the taps would stop. They did but I can't wait to feel them again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment