Oh my sweet child...

Jacob is indeed the apple of my eye. I love him to pieces and no amount of rebellion will ever change that. See where this is going? He is challenging me this week like no other. I think I've reached the point of not blaming it on my hormones and chalking it up to HIM. It's all HIM! I don't like to be negative at all but let's be honest here because one day I want him to read this blog and see that well, he wasn't perfect (who is?).

Case in point. We go to the grocery store yesterday. I didn't clear my schedule enough to do it before picking him up from preschool so he had to go with me. Boy, was I regretting it. He wasn't pulling food off the shelves but talk about whiney! Phew this boy was whining about every little thing. Whining is my pet peeve as a parent. I can't take but so much. He wore me out! I was pulling all kinds of threats out on that trip. Of all the kids I saw in the store, mine was the loudest. I later realized that he had only a 20 min. nap at school. Hummmmmmm there is a connection.

So, my dear boy isn't perfect and that's ok. I think we are all too like 4 year olds even as adults. It makes me laugh at the sheer resemblance of how we handle things that don't go our way. I was at times embarrassed at how Jacob was acting in the store...do you think God gets embarrassed when His children act that way too? God doesn't get all hot and bothered like us moms do but you get the point:-)

1 comments:

Julie Nickerson said...

I try to AVOID taking Abel to the grocery store, b/c when I do, that is what happens!

So he still takes naps? Well, that is encouraging!