Ava-bird!

Ava-bird, Ava-girl, Ava-boo and as Jacob likes to call her, Ava-Av is what Ava tends to be called in our house these days. She will be 8 months old in just 2 days. I do believe time flies when you're having fun and who isn't having fun when you have awesome kids.

Ava is still blessing us with good sleep habits with the exception of long naps. She'll take a nap but you better not plan on getting much done during a nap or you'll be sorely disappointed. She's just too nosey to nap for long. She makes up for it at night though and that is fine by me. It just means I get nothing done around the house.

Even running on short naps, she's the happiest baby I've ever seen. Jacob was considered a very happy baby too so I think we are just good at making happy babies. We don't plan on finding out of if we can procreate any more happy babies so I'll just stop there. :-)
Photobucket

Ava has been super busy since I last posted about her milestones. She has cut 2 of her bottom teeth over the last few weeks, sitting alone now, getting up on all fours for a second or two, rolling all over the house to get whatever she wants. She rolled to her toy basket and pulled it over last night to get the toys. She's a smart cookie!

She weighs nearly 20lbs. now so I've ordered a new convertible car seat for my car. I didn't have to do that for Jacob until he was over a year old.

Jacob is still smitten with her but I think he's getting nervous with her new mobility. His toys are in jeopardy and he has taken notice. This is also a perk on my end to encourage him to PICK THEM UP!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE photography even more than ever now that I have a willing subject that smiles easy, looks at me and doesn't run away? I think Jacob is enjoying the break from me chasing him around with the camera. I'm planning to kidnap him and take him to a deserted field to do his 5 year shots. Wish me luck! LOL

So here she is in all her glory!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh. My. Word. She is stunning - that first shot I just looked and looked at. So great. I can see that you have a VERY cooperative partner in crime for picture taking.

The part about Jacob's toys cracked me up.

20 lbs?!?! How can that be? I weighed Anna today (almost 22 months now) and she is still at 20 lbs. 21 if I leave her shoes on! It's killing me.

Can't wait to see your field pics with the boy. I fully advocate bribery in order to get a decent shot. :)

We have an appt. with a photographer in September, but if you were local, I would so book you right away!