Mammie

Mammie, meet Ava. Ava, meet Mammie. Mammie is Robbie's (almost 90 year old) maternal grandmother and just the heart and soul to that side of his family. I think of her as my own grandmother too. I'll never forget the first time she met me. She told me that I looked sick because I was too skinny. You were not healthy unless you weighed over 200lbs. and yet she was always so little herself. She would cook insane amounts of food and just walk around the table making sure that your plate was overflowing with food. She'd get so excited when you went back for seconds. Unfortunately, her health has really given back. She has lived in a nursing home for quite some time and it really hinders our visits with her. Finally all the winter sickies calmed down a bit. We were able to let her meet Ava for the first time. She thought she was a beauty and Ava took right to her.

Photobucket

We love our Mammie!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That picture totally captures the moment. The smile on her face makes me a little weepy. Great shot!

Alisa said...

Just beautiful.