Baby, Jacob, Christmas, Sleep, Photos

I'm still alive, tired but alive. It's been such a busy past few weeks, can you imagine why? I'm definitely relearning how to multi-task with one hand and blogging with only one hand would take me days and doesn't seem so fun. Ava is slowly getting better at sleeping at night but the "where" is what's getting to me. Last night was the first night that I got a full night's sleep (with only one 30 min. break) in my own bed. Let's just say Ava likes to be held. A LOT! And I oblige for now since she's my last baby and will be grown before I know it. She'll be 4 weeks tomorrow! WOW it's going so fast.

Jacob has come down with a cold or something so that has me in a tizzy. I'm so paranoid of germs right now and I just know I'll remain that way through this winter season. I also hate that he had to miss being in the Church program because of it too.

At this very moment Jacob is huffing and puffing from all the trips from his room to the living room, as he brings train tracks and every other little toy he has in there out. We are going to do some MAJOR clearing out of toys before Santa visits. It's REDICULOUS!

We got our Christmas tree up and only a few other decorations. We didn't decorate nearly as much as we normally do. Anything that takes a lot of effort isn't appealing to either of us right now. I still have a passion for baking Christmas goodies so for now I'll say that will still happen. I still have to eat 500 extra calories while breastfeeding and all, you know! :-)

Here's something super sweet!
My sweet friend from LU, Julie Nickerson, a super talented photographer of Nickerson Studios, came down for a visit with her fun little boy and did a photo shoot of Ava while the boys played. Here are a few of my favs. Julie's awesome and will come to Richmond (from DC) to do sessions. Here's Ava at 2.5 weeks old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's so tiny but this makes her look like a little chunk.
Photobucket

Someone told me that she looks like a little fraggle here. I agree.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey - You cut yourself some slack. A new baby in the house and routine is a REAL workout and culture shock. I know. I feel your pain...well, I felt it last year. In fact, we reminisce now about how exhausted we were last year and how out of the loop we were too. And we thank the Lord we are over those days of baby's life. So hey - you have my sympathies, for sure. Don't worry, things do get better.

And don't you dare do any cooking you don't have to. Send hubby out to get you the finest desserts you can think of. ;) Kimmie's Orders.

Baby is beautiful. A bit of a sleeping tyrant, I think, but beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Unknown said...

I know! The getting out of routine has been the hardest part for me. I hate showering after lunch time and the unpredictable sleep/wake times. I wouldn't trade it for anything right now but I do long for when we are in a normal routine and can get out more. We'll slowly get there and then when we're there I'll probably note how fast we got there. LOL

The baking is soooo enjoyable to me so it'll be good for me to do what I want but I'm just going to do what and how much I want and that's it.

Julie Nickerson said...

Great seeing you!

I just put Ava up on my blog. :)