Ava is 1 Month

So, this is a week late but Ava turned one month last week on the 16th! How crazy is that? It sure is going fast. I can't believe I'm almost half way through my maternity leave. I don't even want to talk about going back to work yet. I've already had a mini session of "Ma baby neeeeeeds me!" It'll be fine. Here is a bit about Ava.

-At her one month check up she weighed 9lbs., 4oz (up from 6lbs. 7oz.) and 19 3/4 inches (up from 19in.).

-Is focusing on our faces and objects now.

-Giving us real smiles (the best!)

-Loves to eat (hence her good weight gain)

-Is sleeping through the night this week or waking only once to eat and going back down. (Thank you Jesus!)

Photobucket

-Still dislikes her paci.

-Is at the height of her tummy troubles that results in a lot of unpleasant grunting.

-Spits up on occasion but still less than Jacob.

-When given a bottle of milk, she spits and spews much of it making it a total mess.

-Doesn't cry anymore with diaper changes.

-Has baby acne.

-Cries in her carseat until we snap it in the car and then she's out like a light and stays sleep until we take her out.

-Went shopping with me after the doctor and she slept the whole time except to eat. I think she'll make a good shopping buddy:-) and later went out to eat with Robbie and I and she slept the whole time too. This is when we say "we love the newborn stage."

-Has outgrown the Newborn size diapers and now she's wearing size 1.

-Is about to outgrow her Newborn size clothing.

-Holding her head up for longer.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think she's in a hurry to grow and catch up with her big brother!

She has that nose and lip on her...methinks she looks like you. :)

I love her little turtle pic where she is working those neck muscles.

What a doll. Great shots! Can't wait to see posts of all her cutie pie clothes you put her in.