Baby!

Yes, I'm having one! I am expecting our second child and we couldn't be more excited and that includes Jacob. He's just tickled pink that he'll be a big brother, for now anyway.

A few of the details....I'm 12 1/2 weeks along and due on Dec. 4th. This sweet baby came as we were trying for 5 months. I was quite nervous to start the trying to conceive journey with fears of miscarriage or that I would get eat up with it if it took too long. After lots of prayers and trusting in God, He blessed us beyond measure. I've had a very scary first trimester that greeted me with 3 episodes of heavy bleeding. I was so sure each time was the end of my pregnancy. I had one of those episodes on Friday and it stopped as fast as it started but scary no less. I got checked out today and was reassured that all was well. I also rented a fetal heartbeat doppler and that has really gotten me through the last few weeks without going insane.

So, right now we're starting to tell people. I'm growing up a storm so some people had already started to speculate. My tummy has already popped. I heard that happens pretty quickly with the second but seriously...it's crazy! I am pulling out the maternity duds and have realized that I have NOTHING for the warmer months. Jacob was a spring baby and I'll be in opposite seasons during this pregnancy. I've had way more morning sickness this time around but again it's been a constant reassurance that all was well. Thankfully Jacob is at a good age of slight independence that this pregnancy hasn't challenged me as I thought it would by now.

I'm getting an ultrasound next week so I'll post pics then. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Julie Nickerson said...

THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

I hope you start feeling better soon.

And don't feel bad...I pop at 8 weeks. :)

Kimberly said...

OHHHH MYYYY GOSHHHHH! What fun!!!!! I haven't even finished reading this post - but I just had to comment...