This weather today is awesome. I love the 60's after we just had a stretch of freezing weather and it's only going to get better over this week. I plan to open the windows and let the fresh air in and spend a good portion out riding bikes, pulling a wagon, kicking balls, and running around. It's days like these that makes me really look forward to spring. I think the winter just sort of grinds us to a halt in many ways. I'm so anxious to clean the screend porch off and spend the evenings eating and hanging out on that. One of my goals this year is to turn the TV off more in the evening and chill on the porch. It's a nice little refuge. That was one big item we added to our house when we built it two years ago and we have yet to take full advantage of it.
I just spent this past week getting recertified as a child passenger safety technician (oh yes there is such a thing). It takes 4 full days to get certified in that stuff. It's the focus of the work that I do for VDH. This kind of work, the kind that saves lives, makes me feel good about going to work everyday. So my safety tip of the day for any mamas out there is to make sure you don't use a car seat that's expired. Yes...they come with expiration dates so consider that if you're using a second-hand one and don't ever use a seat after it's been in a crash (one that deployed the airbags, required medical care, destroyed the car so that it couldn't be driven away, or if the door where the seat was at was harmed). If it was, don't use it...get a new one or check with your insurance company about buying you a new one.

3 comments:
I Love This Post. Love the honesty. Love your heart. Love hearing about weather in the 60's (I was appreciating ours just the same today and thinking that I think 64 degrees is my favorite degrees...and I thought about blogging it) :).
And I love hearing about your porch. Josh and I keep mulling over adding on a screened porch on our deck. Your post makes me think even more that we should. :)
Love ya!
Thanks, Kim! You should definitely consider a screened-porch. It's so nice to hang out there and not get eaten up by bugs. I love to get out there and gab on the phone with a girlfriend or better yet fix a little drink and just chill with the hubby and talk. I hope we can do that this year. The pollen sucks though and that's probably my only gripe about it.
Shannon - YAY for the awesome weather days :)Your screened porch sounds lovely. Got any pictures to share of it? I adore screened porches and hope one day to have one...
btw...wtg on your job!
Post a Comment