Today you turn 4! How, how, how can that be? Were you not just a newborn just yesterday? It's going by so quickly that it hurts.

You are the happiest child I know. We get comments all the time about how happy and friendly you are. I'm so proud of that. I wish I could take credit for it but you were just born that way.

You are a kid that loves to play. Making a game out of anything is your thing. You have way more toys than we are proud of (thanks to your Nene and Pop:-) and you couldn't be happier or more delighted. This year we're going to work on picking those toys up off the floor when you're done. sigh

We didn't know what to expect of you. Or what challenges you'd present like being a picky eater or not sleeping through the night because you want to be with mama in her bed. But, of course we adapt and accomodate you as best we can until this "phase" is past us because you're ours and we love you.

You are blasting through your milestones before I can even write them down. You're a lightweight at 33lbs. and 38 inches tall. You're insisting on complete independence. You can count roughly to 26 (with a few numbers missing here and there). You know your ABC's and can recognize some letters when we point them out. You can spell your name and have just started making an attempt to write it down. You can throw and catch a ball, climb a ladder in no time, hit a ball off of a tee, kick a ball all over the yard.

You have a heart for God already. You are excellant at saying the blessing at dinner, praying for friends and family at bedtime, you love church and will tell anyone that will listen that "God made you special".
You love your mama (and daddy too). You are a mama's boy though and love to tell me secrets that involve "i love you" or "you're my best friend". Anywhere I am, you are there. You bring your toys into the living room or kitchen, wherever we are, just to be with us. I will crave that when you're older.
It's been an amazing 4 years for us and we are so excited to experience the many years ahead with you. You are special and I am seriously grateful to God for giving us your sweet self.
WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:
What a special post!
Happy Birthday Jacob! What a sweetheart you sound like!!!
PS-aren't all little boys-mamma's boys?:) (at least for awhile, right?) Seth and I were just having this conversation last night and I am already praying for his future wife!)
I loved reading this! Made me get watery seeing your tender love for your boy - especially since I am drafting Noah's letter to post this week too!
Happy 4th, Jacob!
You totally made me boo-hoo. I LOVE what you wrote to Jacob. You are an amazing mama!
Shannon,
What a beautiful letter to Jacob. I'm sitting here in tears. I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast! Jacob sounds a lot like Collin from your description.
Melissa York
Post a Comment